- Opening Hours Over Christmas
- The space is ready!
We are in the final stages of setting up our equipment in the new space. Currently everything except the laser cutter is ready to be used so feel free to start coming in and using the space again.
The laser cutter isn’t ready to be used yet as we need to replace a part inside it. This should arrive in the next couple of weeks.
There is now a slight change in the opening hours for the building;
- Monday – Thursday: 5am – 9pm.
- Friday: 5am – 7pm.
- Saturday – Sunday: 7am – 6pm.
Please be aware of this when you plan to come in.
Anytime that you do come in to use the 4C Centre, you will need to check in at Reception before going up to the space. This is so that the Reception team are aware that you in the building in case of an emergency. They may ask you for ID if they don’t recognise you, this is just a security measure to control who is using the space so please don’t be alarmed.
As always, if you have any questions or feedback about the move, please do not hesitate to let Andrew or Alec know.
- We’re Moving!Hello everyone,We hope that you are all doing well. It’s been great to catch up with many of you since lockdown and we’ve had a good turnout of new members recently.We have some important updates to share about the centre over the coming months. You may be aware of the exciting renovations happening here at the City YMCA. The hostel is being refurbished and modernised so that it is more energy efficient and fit for purpose for the next 30 years and a new building is in the pipeline!This means that from the 5th of October, the hostel, including where the 4C Centre is currently, will be under construction for the next 7 months, expected to finish in April. In the meantime, we will be running the centre out of the Kowhai room, on the second floor above Papa Hou, on the other side of the YMCA building. We’ll be moving all the equipment and workshop so everything will be available the same as it is now.When is this happening? We will be moving equipment as of Thursday the 1st of October, tomorrow! We ask that you give us until Saturday the 3rd of October to be able to complete the moving process and to minimise the disruption to your projects. If this is delayed for whatever reason, we’ll let you know as soon as we can. We will also be posting further updates on this page.You can check out the updates directly from YMCA management about the renovations and build to come here: https://www.ymcachch.org.nz/about-us/citysitedevelopment/So next time you come in to use the centre, look for the signs that we will be hanging up in the foyer, or ask at reception and they will show you to our temporary new home. Unfortunately, the new space is not wheelchair accessible. For those members who use wheelchairs or have friends that they bring in, that use them, please get in contact with us so we can make arrangements for that.From the 5th of October onwards, the building will be operating on reduced hours as works begin. This varies as follows for different days of the week:
This means that we will not be able to operate 24/7, so those members who have and utilise that access will have to be aware of this when coming in to use our space.Finally, in terms of getting access into the space, we are finalising options on systems that we can use. We hope to be able to use our current door access system in the new space and we will let you know once we have confirmed a solution.If you have any questions or issues, don’t hesitate to contact Alec or Andrew.
- Monday – Thursday: 5am – 9pm
- Friday: 5am – 7pm
- Saturday – Sunday: 8am – 7pm